Deleting pictures and not ML / LCD screen questions

Started by Thamass, August 25, 2016, 12:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thamass

Apologies for the basic questions - I have researched them both online, and ML FAQs and Forum but keep finding differing bits of advice.
I'm using a 600d.

1) In order to delete all the pictures off my SD card but keep ML, what's the best way to do it? By formatting the card in camera, or by just deleting all images/videos in camera?

2) Also, I'm doing a long term timelapse and after about half an hour the LCD screen turns off, just leaving the red LED light blinking every second. I saw there is a line in the FAQs 'Magic Lantern can reduce power consumption by dimming or turning off the LCD screen, or by pausing LiveView without moving the mirror. See `Power saving`_ for details', but the 'Power saving' link didn't actually take me anywhere. Is there a way of getting the LCD screen back on again (even only very briefly) without disturbing the intervalometer? It has some useful information displayed (when it's actually on!).

Thanks!

whyfy

1) Best way to delete the pictures/videos off the SD card is to format in camera without deleting ML there is an option in the format tab.

2) Go to the Prefs tab, Powersave in LiveView, and then you can select to Dim the display turn of when you press the INFO button on the camera/0

Kharak

Turn off the power saver in canon menu. It will turn off the lcd after 30 min
once you go raw you never go back

a1ex

ML's powersave in LiveView has nothing to do with the 30-minute timer.

The camera will exit LiveView after 30 minutes, even if you turn off the auto power off in Canon menu. I'm not sure if the 600D does a similar thing in photo mode, but if it does, I think I have a fix.

So, to begin, is auto power off disabled in Canon menu?

Thamass

Thanks for all help so far.

I'll be sure to format the card in camera to wipe it.

Quote from: a1ex on August 30, 2016, 07:17:21 PM

So, to begin, is auto power off disabled in Canon menu?

Thanks for the help a1ex. Yes - auto power off is disabled in Canon menu. I'm not intending to use LiveView either - I just want to view the info on the LCD screen. I'm more than happy for said LCD screen to turn off at any time, it's just the whole issue of getting it back on without disturbing the intervalometer.

Cheers.