Author Topic: Canon EOS R / RP  (Read 38173 times)

kitor

• Contributor
Re: Canon EOS R / RP
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »
Can ML currently allow this on the EOS R?

Is ML for R mentioned anywhere?

I need to upgrade (and dump) 1.3 and 1.4 and hopefully update stubs for 1.4. Yup, I'm still on 1.2.
EOS R

vlasena

• New to the forum
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2019, 11:45:12 PM »
How much bucks would you donate for ML contribution for EOS R?
100 bucks

kotik

• Freshman
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2019, 04:21:00 PM »
Hi, I really only need one single feature from ML for the EOS R, and that's the ability to auto-restart video when it reaches the file size/time limit (30 mins, as I understand it.) Can ML currently allow this on the EOS R? My 5DMkII can do this with ML, and I'd love to upgrade but I need continuous video without having to return to the camera. Multiple files is A-OK. Any insight appreciated!

With an external recorder like the Atoms Ninja V, you can do 10-bit continues recording through the HDMI output port.
My first Canon: FTb QL (Quick Loading), my first digital Canon: 20D 2.0.3
The current one: Canon EOS R

Ireversible

• Just arrived
Re: Canon EOS R
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2019, 02:53:52 PM »
Tried to run some initial tests on the EOS R; unfortunately, this is all we've got:

The error screen looks just like on previous models, which is encouraging. The camera recognized there was a FIR file on the card, for the correct model, otherwise it would have printed "Update file cannot be found". The error message means it could not verify the checksum; Canon might have changed the FIR file format, or maybe also the encryption.

Edit: progress - apparently it doesn't like tiny FIR files, but otherwise it accepts them:

Edit (February 2019): turns out it was just the decryption code locking up with some FIR files.
Encryption changed - we can no longer create FIR files for this camera.

Hi
I just bought a Canon R and I hope in the future to install a magic lantern firmware on it, but what wrote A1ex is not very encouraging...Is there still hope or will we never see ML on canon r?
Thanks

Mariiiik

• Just arrived
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2019, 06:38:30 PM »
Is it possible to create another way of donations besides bitcoin? It may be to make a separate account for the team that is working on EOS R, it seems to me that this will greatly accelerate the collection of donations. Sorry for my english

DoctorJones

• New to the forum
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2019, 11:00:08 AM »
I know it’s a faux pas asking annoying questions about ML release features, so firstly; thank you so much to all ML developers. If I ever get the pleasure of using ML on one of my cameras I will certainly donate anything I can.

Does anyone know if ML for EOS R is expected to enable 10bit recording in 1080p over HDMI? I love the look of 10bit in C-log, but I don’t have the hardware for 4K.