EOSM ML Spotmeter

Started by garry23, August 07, 2016, 09:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry23

Could someone help me as I can't work out how to move the ML spotmeter, when using a manual lens. Or can't I?

a1ex

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issues/1816/cant-move-focus-box-on-6d

Looks like more recent cameras might have the issue (feedback needed, as I'm not sure which models have it and which not).

garry23

@A1ex

On my EOSM I get the following behaviour:

• With an EF lens, via an electronic adapter, the ML spotmeter can be moved via touch if the AF is on. If the AF is off, the spotmeter touch doesn't work
  • With an EOSM lens on, the spotmeter can be moved IF the the EOSM is set to AF, ie not MF alone
  • With a manual lens on, via an electronic adapter, the spotmeter can't be moved via touch, no matter what EOSM AF/MF settings are set

Cheers

Garry

a1ex

The existing code moves the spotmeter with arrow keys (similar to 5D3); does the EOS M have a way to move the focus box like that?

garry23

A1ex

On the EOSM the arrow keys do not interact with the ML environment.

In fact the arrow keys don't interact with the focus point, even with a native EOSM lens.

Cheers

Garry

dmilligan

Well you could just move it with a touch ;)

garry23

That's the point, touch doesn't work with a manual lens  ;)

dmilligan

Sorry, I wasn't clear. You'll have to do the work/code yourself, but it is possible for ML to intercept touch events at any time (unlike button events, which are sometimes unavailable) and you can use that to move the spotmeter around.

garry23

David

Unless I'm mistaken the EOSM touch isn't active in the normal nightlies.

Or am I wrong?

In other words I'll need to wait for the touch Lua functionality.

Cheers

Garry