Comdedy Short Film "Pizza Palooza": need advice on how to get better shots

Started by [email protected], July 18, 2016, 02:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

:)Hi, im Kevin! I just shot my first short film using an iphone and edited entirely on final cut pro. If anyone could help me out by checking out my video and tell me what i need to be doing to get a better shot or reccomend me equiptment or software that would be effective for my genre I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

andy kh

You should not be here dude. Google for iphone filming forum or filmic pro.
5D Mark III - 70D

Audionut

Quote from: andy kh on July 18, 2016, 08:33:25 AM
You should not be here dude. Google for iphone filming forum or filmic pro.

Read the OP's post again.

axelcine

Maybe the story needs a little tightening-op. The shots are good enough. Don't overdo effects - well in a comic it's OK... Boys are silly - thank God. Boys with self-irony are a godsent.

I started creating crazy shows with black and white and diapositives with a Nikkormat FT 50f1.4, I had got as a communion present in 1966. I put my stills in slides, added sound with a tape player - voila. Since then I've been canonized and ML'led into total obedience.

Presenting your first footage on ML's website tells me, that you're no stranger to the thought of buying a Canon, installing ML, attaching a few good lenses and trying your hand with some serious film making. Browse the many ML pages, look out for good, second hand primes... One of the world's best 50mm's is still my own Nikkor-S Auto 50f1.4. Find it on eBay for something like $70, - and get an adapter for Canon EF. Can you afford a well used Canon 5D II? Excellent MII's cost from around $800, and it was the Mark II, that started the whole DSLR/movie business. With full-frame you'll be in good hands.

When you have a good cam/glass, there are lots of websites about film making - nofilmschool comes to mind - to dig out. And the ML site is filled with tips, tricks and procedures for the keen Canon/ML-addicted.

Good luck.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

[email protected]

Quote from: axelcine on July 18, 2016, 07:37:58 PM
Maybe the story needs a little tightening-op. The shots are good enough. Don't overdo effects - well in a comic it's OK... Boys are silly - thank God. Boys with self-irony are a godsent.

I started creating crazy shows with black and white and diapositives with a Nikkormat FT 50f1.4, I had got as a communion present in 1966. I put my stills in slides, added sound with a tape player - voila. Since then I've been canonized and ML'led into total obedience.

Presenting your first footage on ML's website tells me, that you're no stranger to the thought of buying a Canon, installing ML, attaching a few good lenses and trying your hand with some serious film making. Browse the many ML pages, look out for good, second hand primes... One of the world's best 50mm's is still my own Nikkor-S Auto 50f1.4. Find it on eBay for something like $70, - and get an adapter for Canon EF. Can you afford a well used Canon 5D II? Excellent MII's cost from around $800, and it was the Mark II, that started the whole DSLR/movie business. With full-frame you'll be in good hands.

When you have a good cam/glass, there are lots of websites about film making - nofilmschool comes to mind - to dig out. And the ML site is filled with tips, tricks and procedures for the keen Canon/ML-addicted.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for watching our video and for the great advice. I really appreciate you taking the time! I hope you liked the video!