Author Topic: Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M  (Read 289552 times)

iaburn

Re: Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M
« Reply #3575 on: Yesterday at 06:29:22 PM »
I had many issues in the past with flickering footage, but it's hard to reproduce it on purpose. I've recorded a bunch of clips with the new version and an old one, and I could clearly see the stripes not moving while recording, which is a good improvement alone already, but couldn't get a sample with flickering after processing with the old version.
Will keep an eye in the future, but I will say that is a big step on getting perfect dual ISO footage. Congrats!

Danne

• Developer
« Reply #3576 on: Yesterday at 06:36:01 PM »
My files looks great with 1x3 binning. Magic is still happening.

Danne

• Developer
« Reply #3577 on: Yesterday at 06:37:57 PM »
If you find this mlv you'll see that every other frame i slightly different in color.
M04-1236-BldFeb042023am.MLV

iaburn

« Reply #3578 on: Yesterday at 08:10:00 PM »
If you find this mlv you'll see that every other frame i slightly different in color.
M04-1236-BldFeb042023am.MLV

Yes, I was trying to record a video with that problem and then swap the card to your new version, but cannot reproduce it XD Anyway, great progress!  :D

BatchGordon

• New to the forum
« Reply #3579 on: Yesterday at 08:56:06 PM »
I haven't done extensive testing, but I've discovered a very small problem: when you set the ISO value from the Expo menu to AUTO, you can't even get into the ML menu anymore. You have to avoid loading ML and set it again to a different value from the Canon menu.
It's a really small bug, probably no one is using auto iso in ML (I don't use it myself, I set it by mistake), so it may be a lowest priority problem to fix.