Multiple Exposure request

Started by Alex-Jones, March 17, 2016, 05:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex-Jones

Hi, my name is Alex Jones, I have recently acquired a t2i, and I have also recently learned about multiple exposures. I know that someone already requested multiple exposures, but was denied because he had a weak argument. He was also told that ML might consider it if someone had a better argument, and that's why I'm here. The reason I got magic lantern, and the reason other got it too, is for 1: Because we can't afford better cameras, and we have to make-do with what we have. People have told me that I can do multiple exposure in Photoshop, but, I HAVE NO MORE MONEY for my budget. I got magic lantern because it had features that I would find on a 7d mkii, for FREE, and don't get me wrong here, but I love it. Basically, I am asking here for a feature that will take 2-7 photos at diferent exposures and combine them. I believe this should exist because not everyone has the ability to have photoshop, but we do have a camera with magic lantern, and isn't the main goal of magic lantern is to make our cameras better with advanced features? Thanks for reading this, please reply soon.  8)

Walter Schulz

You don't have to use Photoshop CS. If you are looking for a tool able to handle layers for free: GIMP.

axelcine

T2i/ML has HDR. Not too expensive HDR-stackers are HDR Photomatic and Easy HDR. Easy HDR even has a smaller Basic freeware version, that actually works very fine if you stay with jpeg - raws are somewhat reduced. http://www.easyhdr.com/
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

a1ex

Why not recommending some good open source programs?

Try enfuse. ML even saves helper scripts for this program.

axelcine

Enfuse is either a command-line tool, a gui or a LR plug-in, and it is rather good. But I have felt for some time, that HDR Photomatic was a little better - and then free basic Easy HDR surprised me with HDR's that were at least on par with Photomatic.

But of course you're right @A1ex. There is some very good open source software out there, and new approaches come up all the time.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass