T2i LCD stopped working, unable to disable bootflag

Started by brodielawrence, February 28, 2016, 03:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brodielawrence

So recently my card with magic lantern installed has been damaged, so now I'm having to use my regular cards, however the camera wont display anything on the LCD. The autofocus works and I can see a display in the viewfinder, but unable to take pictures or get the LCD to display.

After doing some research, I found that it may be a software issue as someone had this issue where they previously had magic lantern installed but had uninstalled it and forgot to disable the bootflag so they reinstalled ML and disabled the bootflag and it worked again.

I attempted to install ML on multiple SD cards and made them bootable with EOS Card as I wasn't able to see the screen to update it from the camera. I still can't get it to work but I'm positive it's possible to fix it somehow.

If anyone is able to shed some light on this situation it would be greatly appreciated :)

Walter Schulz

Format card in cardreader, format in cam again.
Copy extracted nightly build contents to card, run firmware update. Done.

brodielawrence

I can't do anything in the camera because the LCD won't display anything, so I won't know what I'm doing sadly

Walter Schulz

Remove battery, insert card into cardreader (connected to PC). Format card.
Insert card into cam, insert battery and startup.
Format card in cam.
Insert card into cardreader again and copy extracted nightly build contents to card.
Insert card into cam and run Firmware update.
Follow on-screen instructions.

brodielawrence

That worked, thanks so much! I was worrying that my camera was broken. Great help  :D