Issues with post record processing

Started by Dam0, February 04, 2016, 12:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dam0

I'm having some fun and games with processing my raw files, I've come to the point where I need a push in the right direction. (I'm very new to RAW)

I started processing using MLV Converter, but this put random artefacts where I suspect something was clipping. They appear infrequently but enough for me to look at other processing methods.

So I tried raw2cdng, however no matter what mlv file I process through it, it always missed out frame 43!
As pictured below, frame 43 exists but it's skipped. Enabling debug logging shows no errors.

So I'm left with using MlRawViewer, but this doesn't perform the image processing (dot removal), or at least I don't see an option to turn this on.

I'm calling it a night, feeling frustrated. What am I doing wrong here?

Details
Canon 700d
Latest ML as of today
MLV Converter.exe 1.9.2
raw2cdng.1.7.4
mlrawviewer 1.3.3

dmilligan

The focus pixel issue on the 700D/650D/EOSM/100D is an issue that still hasn't been fully solved. We're close though.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16054.0

Dam0

Oh is that what they are?

I assumed because they were intermittent and only appeared after external (to the camera) processing they were some other phenomena.
(I assume we're talking about the first picture here)

dmilligan

Well what you are seeing in the first picture is actually an artifact of a method that tries to correct these pixels. Most of them get corrected but these green blob artifacts are sometimes created as a side effect. MLRawViewer has no method to correct them so you see the original focus pixels.

Hopefully the new method being worked on in the linked thread will correct all of them and be free of artifacts.

Dam0