Black Crop Replacing original transparent grey crop when cropmarks ML are off

Started by skatesurferdude, October 19, 2012, 11:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skatesurferdude

I love how my original firmware would show me beyond the HD frame with the grey transparent area. Now I can't seem to get ML 2.3 to not make these areas black when recording and when not. Using 5D mark 2.

I have tried all the diffrent display settings and setting the basic crops on and off.

I can make them disappear when I make all overlays disappear.

I do steadicam and like to see the things that are right out of frame while shooting 16x9.

nanomad

The upcoming nightly has a "clear overlays" option. Try it and see if it fits your needs
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

20pictures

Has there been any solution to this problem?

I have been following the ML Wiki guide on how to make cropmarks for LiveView overlays on my Canon 5DmkII. I tried a 95% black made with a solid black layer set at 95% >convert to Index using the ML ColorPalette > save as 8Bit bitmap. I tried CMYK (0,0,0,95) >convert to Index using the ML ColorPalette > save as 8Bit bitmap & I tried picking colour 20 from the pallet (#202020) > save as 8Bit bitmap ...but nothing produces a transparent mask.

I noticed others have been using stripes to create a shaded mask ...this, however, creates, irritating moires!

(magiclantern-Nightly.2016Jan14.5D2212)