5D3 1.3.3 Bootflag Eye-Fi

Started by inshot, January 29, 2016, 02:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inshot

What's up guys,

Last year I've installed magic lantern on my 5D3, which ran 1.2.3 back then. After my film project was done I've decided to dump magic lantern and install 1.3.3. A couple days ago I bought a Eye-Fi SD Card which I'd like to use – but I can't. The bootflag on my 5D3 is still enabled and I can't figgure out how to disable it. I've seen some tutorials showing how but they all had magic lantern still running on the camera.

Any ideas?
Cheers

hjfilmspeed

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, I think you have to downgrade back to 1.2.3, download latest 1.2.3 ML nightly, unzip put folders on card, make card bootable, then follow the instructions carefully on how to uninstall. That's if you are able to downgrade to 1.2.3 I read 1.3.3 didn't allow this. There might be a solution to this.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11017.0

Walter Schulz

And downgrading 1.3.3 to 1.2.3 or 1.1.3 requires USB connection PC-cam and EOS Utility v2.x.
After downgrading cleanup card and copy extracted nightly build contents for your firmware version. Run firmware upgrade and wait for timeout hitting 0. Cam's bootflag will be resetted.
May I ask which Eye-Fi you are using? X2 is known to be incompatible and gets stuck the way you've seen. Newer Eye-Fi cards use different firmware. Using an Eye-Fi mobi wasn't a problem at all.

hjfilmspeed

Once again Walter Schulz explains it better and more accurate them me haha. Thank you Walter. I'm learning little by little and hopefully not causing to much trouble.