Issue with Sony SDXC card

Started by pedjalaya, December 17, 2015, 02:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedjalaya

Hi, everyone.

I have a peculiar situation here. I used my Sandisk Ultra class 10 for a long time, untill started stopping the video recordings after just a few seconds due to extensive long term use. Once I formated it, it started recording up to 7-8 minutes again, but I needed a card that would not crash so easily, so I bought a brand new Sony SDXC 64GB that worked perfectly without ML.

The deal is this:

I have installed ML with Sandisk card that worked just fine. I copied ML files on Sony as well and I just inserted it, hoping that it would work, but the card froze. My Canon 60D couldn't read it, and when I put it back in the card reader, the computer showed all the files on the card, but didn't want to read/write or format the card. Flashing the card didn't help, either.

Did I make some mistake in the process that froze the card?
Did anybody else have similar issue?
Is there a possibility that Sony SDXC doesn't like ML for some reason?

Thank you all for your help.

Best regards
Pedja

dfort

Write protect tab? Maybe it slipped to the locked position?

Walter Schulz

There are some hints about a specific Sony SD-card not working that well in Canon EOS cams. Please give exact details about the card you are using.

pedjalaya

@dfort
Nope, tab is in the right position.

@Walter Schulz
The card is Sony SDXC UHS-I class 10 (3), read/write - 94/70 MBps

Walter Schulz

SF-64UX or SF-64UX2?
SF-32UX is known for sluggish performance in EOS cameras. I *suppose* this shouldn't be an issue with 60D because of cam's rather limited bandwidth (about 21 MByte/s).

You handled the card properly? After opening card compartment you have to wait some seconds because the cam will access card when door is opened (and it doesn't matter if power is off or on). if you remove a card too soon there is a chance damaging the card.

pedjalaya

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that. it's SF-64UX2.
I have handeled the card properly, as it says in the manual. One thing that my brother mentioned does cross my mind, though, but I'm not sure that could be the issue. I have removed the card from his Mac withour safely removing it. After that, I just transfered ML on it using my PC and that's when it stopped working. I'm just going through scenarios here.