Problem with installation of Magic Lantern on a 5D Mark II

Started by capnomade, December 15, 2015, 02:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capnomade

Hi,

I've got a problem with installation of Magic Lantern in my 5D Mark II. I did format my card, I cleared all settings, installed the files downloaded in the website written 212 for my camera, I copyed them on my card and then It appears the version is not the good one while tryning to install it on my camera. Do you have any idea to resolve it? Thanks in advance! And I tryed it with two different cards, one 4GB and one 64GB.

HowardB

I am having a problem as well. I can get it to work with a 4gb card and an 8 GB card but when I try a 32 GB Card it will not load. It tells me to remove the card and pull the battery. I have followed the instructions given on the site to the T yet I can't get this or another 32GB card to work. Did you find a solution for your problem yet and is there something I am missing using a larger card.

Walter Schulz

Sounds like you are using "stable" v2.3. Try using nightly builds or use methods explained in PDF included in v2.3 to make card work.

HowardB

I am loading the nightly builds. The 4 and 8 GB cards work fine. When I do the exact same procedure that worked on the 4 GB and 8 GB cards on the 32 GB cards it doesn't work. I am using a Delkin Devices 32GB UDMA7 1000x card. Any help would be appreciated.

Walter Schulz

Format card in cardreader.
Format card in cam.
Insert card into cardreader.
Copy extracted nightly build contents to card.
Insert card into cam.
Run firmware upgrade.

If it doesn't work:
Insert card into cardreader.
Run MacBoot (OS X) or EOScard (Windows) to make card bootable.
If using EOScard: Wipe ML directory, autoexec.bin and *.FIR from card after running EOScard.
Copy extracted nightly build contents to card.
Insert card into cam and startup cam.

Report results.

reddeercity

I think its your card , what band is the other cards ?
Just found this Delkin Devices 32GB UDMA7 1000x
QuoteWith capabilities to write data at speeds over 80MB/s
Most CF cards manufactures report speeds for the 1000x as 150-160MB/s ,so I'm not liking that Statement , sound like they are not
guaranteeing performace
Lexar 1000x write speed here its say 150-160MB/s with a guarantee of minimum  write speed of 65MB/s (I own 2 1000x & 1066x card) and I have no problem coping ML nightly builds from one card to the other.

Edit: just notice on the web site it only write 80MB/s for a 1000x card something is a miss.