5DMark 2 Raw File not readable

Started by b.schneider, December 01, 2015, 01:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b.schneider

Hi all....

i have the following problem. I have shot a doc Film with Canon Mark2 latest Firmware and Komputerbay 128 GB cards which acording to Komputerbay can write up to 125 mbits ( which was unforunately not the case ).
Now i am facing the problem that quite a couple of my Raw files are not been converted neither by RAW2DNG or MLRAWVIEWER. They just dont seem to read the files / software crushes.......no DNG´s are been exported at all. :-(

Does anyone has an experience with such a case and knows how to still acess / get the DNG´s out of the RAW file ? Or maybe knows what the problem actually is etc...

Help would b very much apprechiated !!!!!

Best regards from Berlin

Bastian

Walter Schulz

No card will do 125 MByte/s in 5D2. You are limited to somewhere around 80 MByte/s using this cam.

b.schneider

thx...i have figured that out aswell. But my mayor problem still remains. How do i get to read those files ?? Any idea ?

Walter Schulz

RAW video or MLV video files? Do you had aborted sessions (crashed by low battery or else)?

b.schneider

RAW Files only. I never had a crash of low battery or else....what is quite strange to me , is that files on the same card ( 4 example : File 1 would convert , 2 aswell , 3 not, 4 not, 5 again and 6 , but 7 not and so on ) would sometimes get converted sometimes not.

I have tried converting now with raw2DNG , MLRAWVIEWER and Son of Batch.......all come up with the same results :-(

reddeercity

I'm a 5D2 power user, are you extracting off the CF Card ? or on a Local Hard drive ?
If extracting off the CF Card copy Raw files to Local HD and try again .
now to be clear , You shot with ML raw right ? Did you use ".raw" legacy original version 1.0
or ".mlv" Version 2.0 ?
It sound like you are on PC platform ,if so and you shot in ".raw" format try some other
Extracting tools like MLVProducer for Windows , The CinemaDNG Discussion (raw2cdng)
So is it the spanning files that are not converting ?
How many files are you trying to batch convert , all of the 128 GB at once ?

b.schneider

I am extracting of a local hard drive on mac / and tried windows aswell ( same result not working :-(  )

What do u mean exactly with raw legacy version 1.0 or mlv version 2.0 ?
What do u mean with spanning files ?

I am converting file after file...one at a time

Thx for helping out so far !!!

Walter Schulz

Quote from: b.schneider on December 02, 2015, 10:21:15 AM
What do u mean exactly with raw legacy version 1.0 or mlv version 2.0 ?

Raw legacy: Recording with module raw_rec.mo, activated "RAW video" in movie tab. Record file names with RAW, Rxx extension.
MLV v2.0: Recording with module mlv_rec.mo, activated "RAW video (MLV)" in movie tab. Record file names with MLV, Mxx extension.

Quote from: b.schneider on December 02, 2015, 10:21:15 AM
What do u mean with spanning files ?

Recordings session > 4GB will be splitted/spanned into several files. First one is named .MLV or .RAW. Following will be numbered beginning with M00 or R00.
If you try to convert a splitted file without all other "splitts" belonging to that take you will fail.