focus peaking 5d mk ii not working

Started by veerleboek, September 12, 2015, 02:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veerleboek

Hi,

I just installed ML on my 5d mk ii through my SD 32GB 120 mb/s CF.
I use my mark ii to film, combined with a Samyung 1.5/35 mm lens developed for filming with DSLR (so without autofocus).
What I am interested in most: focus peaking (the screen is so small, so it would help enormously if the parts that are sharp are highlighted). The problem is as such: I am able to find various tutorials on how to enable focus peaking. I have tried all (I am able to set focus peaking ON and adjust its settings), but none have allowed me to actually see the focus peaking on screen when I film (or when I put on live view).
Perhaps I am forgetting something basic, because at other camera's in tutorials I have seen that the live view screen has changed after downloading ML, but mine still has the same lay out as before ML.
Or is it the case that focus peaking only works with lenses that have autofocus?

Earlier today I installed ML, and it gave - after ten minutes- an error ('error loading modules'), I was hoping that this was why focus peaking did not work, but I formatted and reinstalled and it is still not working.

Thanks for any help on this !
Veerle

Walter Schulz

Press Info button several times to access ML LV screen.

moabut

Thanks a bunch for this post. I was going crazy trying to get it to work on my 5d mk iii. I also had to turn off Magic Zoom. As we would say in the plumbing business "flushin' like a beauty".