ML on T4i 650D, Wi-Fi

Started by baga, September 26, 2015, 09:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baga

I was wondering if anyone had any luck with Magic Lantern working on a Flashair SD card Version 3.  I low level formatted the card in the camera then setup card with it's software and tested ok.  So I installed Ml on the card. The FA software was now unable to access the card to make changes and SD_Store no longer worked using mac or pc.  Using a web browser to see the pictures worked but still no videos.  On my iphone 6 the FA software and web browsers could access the photo's but never saw the videos and no card settings available.  It also slowed the time after taking a picture that it would show up on a computer screen.  Before ML it was about 1 second after ML it was about 2-3 seconds.

The Flashair card works better than I expected.  The download speed is actually pretty good even for L files.  Raw L is slower but still not that bad.  Now videos are another story, SLOW.
Major drawback is the way ML affects the card's own software.
I've taken ML off the card for now because I not sure if it can damage the card.
I have ML installed on 3 other non wifi cards I'm not without it.
I would definitely recommend it to non ML users and to those who want to try getting it to work with ML
Thanks.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras