Same SD Card with ML for 6D + 600D?

Started by LordV, September 09, 2015, 11:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordV

Hi,

I own a 600D and a 6D.

Both are ML enabled. However when I put the SD Card with the ML version for the 600D into the 6D it wont start.

Are there any options apart from

• Removing ML from the card so it works in both cameras
  • Having a separate set of cards with ML for the 6D and a separate set for the 600D
?

Thanks

Daniel

Walter Schulz

Sure, there is a third option.
You may have both Autoexec.bin files on the card, named differently and - my recommendation - two different ML directories

Example:
Autoexec.T3i
Autoexec.6D

ML.T3i
ML.6D

Before inserting into 6D rename Autoexec.6D to Autoexec.bin, rename ML.6D directory to ML.
Before inserting into 600D rename Autoexec.bin to Autoexec.6D, ML to ML.6D, rename Autoexec.T3i to Autoexec.bin ... etc

Would be much easier to use 2 different cards ...

LordV

Thanks Walter. But I guess there is no dynamic solution I could use in the field where e.g. I do not have a laptop, right?

The only thing I could imagine is in an emergency case to take one of the 600D ML SD cards to the 600D, format it there so I would at least be able to use the card in the 6D.

Datensuppe

Quote from: LordV on September 09, 2015, 01:03:03 PM
The only thing I could imagine is in an emergency case to take one of the 600D ML SD cards to the 600D, format it there so I would at least be able to use the card in the 6D.

Have you tried starting the camera with the "wrong" ML version, while having the SET button pressed? I'm not sure if this ML bypass works with the wrong autoexec.bin, but if it does you could at least use the card in the other camera without ML (or format it there).

Walter Schulz

No, won't work. You can try it yourself. Error message will pop up after closing compartment door.