Can't see overlays 5D Mark III

Started by Betude, July 06, 2015, 10:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Betude

I cannot see my zebras or focus peak overlays on my Mark III. Here's what I have for my settings:

Global Draw: ON, all modes
Zebras: Luma, over 99%
Focus Peak: ON, 0.5, local

I'm running Canon firmware 1.2.3 and the nightly build for that version. 2015-04-27.

I can see my Magic Zoom and the scope overlays but these two I'm not seeing them. Is there a module I'm missing?

Any ideas?

Thanks

DeafEyeJedi

Check the GD setting within either MLV_rec.mo or Raw_rec.mo depending on what ur shooting and be sure to allow GD while rec. enabled.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Betude

I don't even see the overlay's when I'm not recording. My GD setting is set to "ON, all modes", I'm not working in RAW so I don't get what the issue is. Is there something else I should be looking at?

Walter Schulz

Toggle liveview screens by info button ...

DeafEyeJedi

Perhaps try pressing info button on your 5D3 until the ML overlays show up?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Betude

I've tried toggling with the info button. I've used ML on my Mark II so I'm familiar what screen I'm supposed to be on. I'm still not seeing the overlays though. It's very confusing. Thanks for your help.

Walter Schulz

Display tab -> Clear overlays = OFF

Betude

The Clear overlays is OFF as well. I've turned that function on and off and still don't see them.

Walter Schulz

Backup ML\Settings
Prefs tab -> Config files -> Restore ML defaults

Betude

I'm able to see my Magic Zoom and my Histogram, as well as the Waveform and Vectorscope. It's the Zebras and Focus Peak I cannot see. I clearly have something blown out in my frame and don't see the Zebras, and when I focus I don't see the focus peak either. Am I missing something?

Betude

Restoring worked! Thank You Walter. It was driving me crazy.

Betude

You know what it was, I had the Magic Zoom set to Always on. When that is always on I don't see the zebras or the focus peak. Is that new? I don't remember that happening on my Mark II. Thanks for the help guys.