60FPS@720P Vs. 30fps@1080p

Started by agsaelee, July 01, 2015, 08:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agsaelee

Hello you guys.  I still have never been clear as to what will make a sharper image.  I do not care about slow motion, the only thing I want is the clearest sharpest image.  I just installed magic Lantern on my mark iii last night and tried to play with 1920x1080p @ 30fps and barely got longer than 5 seconds record time.  I follow a music video director closely and he shoots 5k at 60fps. I believe it's the red epic he shoots with.  How can I get the clearest sharpest image for color grading in post? Here's a few stills of his behind the scenes camera grab. The song is called beat it by Sean Kingston and the other video is called Molly by Tyga.  Any help is appreciated.  I just want to know the best settings to shoot with. Thanks.

Frank7D

Hopefully this isn't too obvious:
1. Plenty of light
2. Precise focus
3. Proper exposure

I would do a lot of test shooting under controlled conditions so you can see what works for you.

Edit: Also, a fast shutter speed will cut down on motion blur, but bear in mind that it will also cut down on light, which could work against you depending on the lighting conditions.