Canon 600D / T3i

Started by Avenger 2.0, June 16, 2015, 10:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irvcobb

Quote from: Jstaff on February 15, 2019, 09:10:40 PM
Hi Irv,

Thank you for the reply and good thought. However, I actually have a grip with battery holder. So yeah, no effect. Plus, that part of the camera isn't running hot.

I've also found that the screen position impacts camera heat. It'll run cooler if you swivel it out away from the camera body.

scrax

With recents updates on bleading edge versions flexinfo works ok without problems.
I've fixed some positions and cleaned up some parts.

If there is someone interested in testing it:
DOWNLOAD (don't load rebelgui module included, it's here for mistake and not working)
(based on unified branch)
SOURCE CODE
PULL REQUEST

EDIT: added screenshot of trapfocus written with another font
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

scrax

Please, to anyone who download and test the test build, post your feedback here or in the pull request.
Give feedback also if it works ok,please. Just a simple "confirmed working ok on my 600D" is enought and really appreciated.
;)
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Lolignon

Will test the build tomorow and give my feedback when I can

Scrapemist

confirmed working ok on my 600D!

I ran the self test and everything seem to run fine.

cin

What is the maximum resolution for video in RAW mode can be achieved?
Canon 1300D

MDemerse

Hey all. 

First of all thanks for the info on the thread.  It's already been helpful.  So, I have a Canon T3i and as of yet have not used Magic Lantern.  But I'm going to be taking some shots of some fairly complicated circuit boards here at work for our website, and I like the idea of the focus peaking feature on ML.  Here's my conundrum, however.  Given the (what seems to be quite rare) possibility of bricking my camera if I install this, do those of you who have used ML think it's going to make that much of a difference?  We do not upload large files to the web in order to maintain loading speed to maximum, but I'd like to get as much detail into the product pics as possible.  I just don't know if ML  is going to make that much of a difference.  Here's https://www.axcontrol.com/automation/ge-boards/mark-v-ds200/DS200DCFBG1BLC an example of one of our typical pages to get a feel for what I'm talking about.

Thanks.
M

Walter Schulz

With or without ML: You should work on white balance, light/exposure control (good read: Light - Science and Magic. I think 5th edition is the newest one.).
Maybe focus stacking with ML is an option, too.

Risks: What do you want to hear? Nothing I can say will change the risk you are taking.

MDemerse

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 04, 2020, 08:07:21 PM

Risks: What do you want to hear? Nothing I can say will change the risk you are taking.

After reading through the forum I think I have some idea of the risk, and I'm not overly concerned about the "might happens."  More looking for users to give their opinion of whether it would be valuable for my needs.  I may install it anyway for my non-work hobby time since we go hiking a lot and I think ML would give me some great options when taking photos in the Nantahala. 

Thanks for your feedback.
M

rsmith02

I've used Magic Lantern as long as I've had the T3i. For taking static product pics I don't think it will do much. Maybe the automatic self-timer with liveview or exposure bracketing control will be useful. You can zoom in to focus in live view, which is more precise than peaking.

For video it's a much bigger deal and really transforms what this camera can do for usability (white balance, audio levels, focus box, smooth exposure jumps with autoISO make the camera much more versatile as a video camera).

AeronSan

Hi everyone,

I have a 600d and ML 03 july 2018 but I can't find the Bulb Ramping feature in the Shoot Section. I have Intervalometer then Bulb Timer but not Bulb ramping.
However the help section on the web site explain how to use BR with a 600D. So, I'm confused  :-\

Can you help me.

Thanx a lot
Aeron San

Walter Schulz

If you access ML help via
Top of page -> User Guide
you will get the info this guide is outdated and that is true.

Gamy

Hey y'all, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place or if there's a topic just like this somewhere on the forum already - I'm a bit confused about the forum structure and the builds.
To get to my question: I'm absolutely new to ML, even though I've been following news about ML for a couple years now. After upgrading bodies I'd like to test ML on my old EOS 600D/T3i but I'm slightly confused with all the builds on the homepage being basically 2 years old. Is there some "go to" snapshot to use / is there a newer &/ more stable build (since that particular one failed a test)?

Walter Schulz

A failed test does not mean that much. Years ago we had no automated tests and therefore no errors. ;-)
A test may fail and you cannot tell if there is a failure in the code tested or in the emulation. Those automated tests run in a simulated cam (= emulation) only.
Go to experimental build page for newer and enhanced builds. And you won't see test results for those builds! ;-)

Gamy

Thank you for your reply Walter! :) Sorry for bringing up the automated test result in the first place. I'm not that concerned about those.
I was mainly looking for the most stable/recent (tested) build specifically for the T3i/600D - sorry if I caused confusion. 2018 for all available main builds was throwing me off.
I'll just try the one from 2018 first :-)

MarkTurner

Hi folks.
I recently picked up a T3i and put ML on it (build from 2018 July 03). Overall it works fine but I've noticed when the camera reboots (from overheating?), the grid reappears on the HDMI output. I have to restart the camera a time or two to get the grid to go away again.

Anyone have any tips on how to fix this? Are there any later builds available?

Thanks!
Mark

Walter Schulz

Newer builds: Top of page -> Downloads -> Downloads (drop down menu) -> Experiments -> lua_fix build for 600D.

markanini

I'm getting a black bar on the bottom of my liveview using magiclantern-lua_fix.2020Sep13.60D111.zip
Gear: Canon 600D & Magic Lantern Nightly.

ammenRA

HI,

Sorry for my english but i got some questions to ask.

1. i installed ML 10-12bit vesion and everything going just well. but this day when i try to zoom (zoom with focus ring mode, magic zoom disable, focus peaking disable) it used to go to x5 zoom first but now it is straight to x10 without me pressing *button, how do i go back to it used to be?

2. i tried to use hdr mode but the problem is when i try  to focus, the liveview goes dark about  a sec or so and then normal again. i know it is something to do with the hdr ISO setting cause when i turned the hdr off or changed both ISO to 3200, i can zoom normally, is there any setting that can bypass the HDR ISO setting when i just try to focus?

Thank you

Sergafan

Hello everyone. I wanted to try the module from this post.https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=18515.msg218319#msg218319. But unfortunately it does not work on my 600d. Maybe someone has a working module for this camera. I would be very grateful!

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly builds -> 600D / T3i
Astro.mo doesn't work with latest Lua_fix and derived builds.

Deadcode

Could please help me answering the following questions:
Does SD Card hack works on the 600D?
10 bit recording?
Compressed raw?
1x3 anamorphic?

As far as i know only 10 bit worked years ago, but if SD hack works now, the 600d could be a viable option to choose for MLRAW recording.

theBilalFakhouri

Hello @Deadcode

Currently there is no SD overclocking/Lossless compression for DIGIC 4 cameras, like the 600D, also there are no active developers working on these right now.

10-bit is available here for 600D:
https://builds.magiclantern.fm/experiments.html

Under 10/12-bit RAW video.

1x3 mode isn't implemented for 600D yet, no one worked on it, this should fairly easy task BTW.

jairusjoshua

Hello, Just recently started using ML and an old 600D lying around.
I have trouble getting an HDMi output from my 600d to a capture card. i cant get any signal, just black screen.
but when i connect it to my TV via an HDMI/MHL port. it reads my camera as 4:3 display.
should i get a specific capture card for my 600d ?

Walter Schulz

I use a 15 Euro HDMI-to-USB stick and an UHD capture card with different cameras. The stick just works (lots of lag), capture card seems to be tricky (sometimes) in my environment but I can get around it. Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k.