T3I Corrupted SD Card and Camera wont Turn on.

Started by NazariyM, June 08, 2015, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NazariyM

I have tried on at least 4 batteries to turn on the camera and have fully charged them all four but no success.
When i turn on the camera:
- No Red Light
- No Shutter Sound
- Nothing Happens/Only thing that can be done is turn the dial or switch on/off.
Suggestions on what I should try to bring it back to life.
I took the camera and tried to put the sd card into windows 8 but it wouldnt get detected. Then, I plugged it into my other computer that runs windows 7, the card shows but as corrupted and needs to be reformated.

NazariyM

I tried to connect the canon to my PC, nothing happens no dialogs popup. Not even in My Computer...

NazariyM

Might have been the magic lantern that hasn't been properly installed but I had installed it before and it worked flawlessly but before the camera died, the screen was flipped over upside down...
Could the internal connectors be an issue?

Walter Schulz

Remove battery, remove card. Remove accessories (if any). Make sure battery is okay.
Insert battery, *don't* insert card, close compartment doors.
Startup cam.
Report results.

NazariyM

I tried that method before but ill try it again...I got these Batteries last year, around September...Okay I tried a different battery turned on without sd card but when I inserted the corrupted sd card, the camera wont turn on. But when i let the electricity flow out...and put the battery back it works...just the boot file is cached on the corrupted card which prevents the camera from booting...
Is their a way i could fix the corrupted SD card?
I appreciate your help it is very helpful, I read reports of these issues but none of them seemed to work until now...most likely because i tried to use a different battery, threw that one away.
P.S: I might have thrown out the good battery on accident and kept the bad one.

Walter Schulz

Format card in cardreader.
Format card in cam.
Make card bootable using Macboot/EOScard.
Delete all contents from card.
Copy extracted nightly build contents to card.
Insert card into cam and startup.
Report results.

NazariyM

The card isn't detectable on windows 8.
I guess there is no use of it anymore, ill just get a new one. I have another sd card...camera seems to operate, in a good way except the display is flipped(upside down).