Classic Tattoo - Hudson Heart Project ~ 5Dmrkii MLVRaw

Started by reddeercity, June 06, 2015, 05:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddeercity

Hello All, Just posting a Short video about the Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation fundraiser by the owners of Classic tattoo in Red Deer AB. Can.
Fundraiser to take place on June14th 2015.
Last year they raised $26,000 for the Foundation , The Hospital see's over 220,000 sick children a year all on private donations without any Government funding.
Lucas & Jayme Ford talk about how the Stollery saved there son "Hudson" life though 3 corrective heart surgery  procedure
that started at 14 days Old  and is waiting for the final procedure in 3 - 4 years.

Film on 5d2 with MLV+audio @ 1872*936-23.976 fps, Canon EF24-70mm f2.8L @f2.8 , ISO 400.
Workflow: MLV--> MLVFS-->  Cdng's --> After Effect cc+acr-->ProRes4444XQ-->FCPX
I use the camera Embedded Color metric's which give a much more flatter & desaturated image.
I have noticed that to be successful with ACR is to jump on the Contrast slider & give major negative gain, this dose 2 things in my opinion.
Take out excessive black & sharping the image , and then bring back the level with the Tone curve.
But first I make sure the image is expose properly by using the ETTR-technique ,this a must for clean shadows without noise on the 5d2.

braxtonk

The video looks good but your audio is kind of wonky. I see you used a lav, but it sounds like the audio was from the camera. Do you know how to edit voice fro a lav to make it sound better?