Post Deflicker/Post Edit Help

Started by B.Rae, May 11, 2015, 08:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.Rae

I searched around but didn't find anything based on my specific problem (and it is most likely my problem not ML functionality)  regardless I would like to reach out for some help/clarification.   

I successfully shot a golden hour time lapse yesterday evening using ETTR + Post Deflicker modules (using CR2 and XMP files).  I work on a MAC and I was able to get the files imported to light room (in the thread regarding how too ETR/Post Deflicker it says this works) I could get it to read the metadata fine and I even moved the files to bridge to preview for any flicker between frames (it was looking great).  Once I cropped my images in Lightroom is where the trouble started (I think).  I used lightroom to crop to 16:9 then I exported the files out to high quality jpeg and imported as footage to After Effects.  I thought all was well but my final render from After Effects was full of flicker. 

Anyone have any suggestions or can you take pity on this fool (fool being me) and show me the error of my ways? 

By the way just for reference I'm using the latest nightly build for my 600d/T3i

magiclantern-Nightly.2015Apr19.600D102.zip
    Built on: 2015-04-18 17:59:10 -0700
    Changeset: e08c6c0

thanks in advance for your time!

B.Rae

Audionut

If you've got bridge, you should probably just use this.

B.Rae

Thank You Audionut my research lead me to the Bridge ramping script today and I am about to give it a go. 

cheers for your reply!

-B.Rae

B.Rae

And Dmilligans bridge ramp script worked like a charm.  It is super user friendly I love it! :). I cropped files in Lightroom updated the metadata then imported to bridge ran the script for a few passes, exported to after effects and the end result was flicker free :)

B.Rae