Author Topic: Canon EOS M  (Read 863416 times)

IDA_ML

Re: Canon EOS M
« Reply #3800 on: Today at 07:21:25 AM »
I think it will be playing with the intervals depending on the subjects/scene you are shooting to reach a happy place. I'm confident this could be the way forward (rather than using silent modes or overexposed fps override).
My favourite for fps override is 2.5 fps for certain subjects. So the 0.40 should achieve that.

If you want smooth cinematic timelapse videos, setting long enough frame to frame intervals is not enough.  You also need long exposure times.  If, for example, you choose 2.5 fps for a certain scene, you need 0,4 s shutter speed to get this smooth motion blur of the moving objects in the scene and this is what causes the overexposure in day light.  You need a variable ND filter to compensate for that.  Unfortunately, there is no way around it, no matter what method you use.  If you use, say 1/30 s, your smoothness is gone.  In my experience, fairly cheap no name VND filters do a decent job with timelapses.

About half a year ago, Danne brought timelapse shooting functionality on the 100D to perfection.  4k and 5k resolutions in combination with the correct fps rates and reciprocal slow shutter speeds, as well as a nice fast preview for focusing upon half shutter press make timelapse shooting really fast, easy and a lot of fun.  I have been enjoying it tremendously last summer - one more reason for me to keep my 100D.

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3801 on: Today at 07:29:40 AM »
About half a year ago, Danne brought timelapse shooting functionality on the 100D to perfection.  4k and 5k resolutions in combination with the correct fps rates and reciprocal slow shutter speeds, as well as a nice fast preview for focusing upon half shutter press make timelapse shooting really fast, easy and a lot of fun.  I have been enjoying it tremendously last summer - one more reason for me to keep my 100D.
Please reread my last message about averaging files for long exposure results.

bakersdozen

• Freshman
« Reply #3802 on: Today at 08:13:14 AM »
How do you mean? If you want 0.5 you enable fps override and then add intervalometer? Or what do you mean?
Besides that. If you you run frameburst mode and then average let's say 49 images you'll get the long exposure look but without the laggy screen.

I meant a lower minimum interval than 1 second on the intervalometer could be selected. ie. If 0.20 was a choice, we would get 2.5 frames in a second just by using intervalometer.
EOS M + 5D3

bakersdozen

• Freshman
« Reply #3803 on: Today at 08:20:01 AM »
If you want smooth cinematic timelapse videos, setting long enough frame to frame intervals is not enough.  You also need long exposure times.  If, for example, you choose 2.5 fps for a certain scene, you need 0,4 s shutter speed to get this smooth motion blur of the moving objects in the scene and this is what causes the overexposure in day light.  You need a variable ND filter to compensate for that.  Unfortunately, there is no way around it, no matter what method you use.  If you use, say 1/30 s, your smoothness is gone.  In my experience, fairly cheap no name VND filters do a decent job with timelapses.

Thanks mate. Yes I've got heaps of variable nd's for this exact purpose :) I was really just trying to push this a little further to try out a different method of timelapses using intervalometer only. If it's not possible, that's cool, just wanted to try and see what resulted.
EOS M + 5D3

LeandroFreitas

• New to the forum
« Reply #3804 on: Today at 08:52:49 AM »
I got great news! I got continuous recording with (2.5K) 2520x1054 Ratio 2.39:1 14bit with SanDisk Extreme PRO 128gb 170Mb i got 57.9MB/s as top speed with Kill Global Draw . Very good card i got on Blackfriday.
I notice there is a bug for 2.5k that if you set  to 24 exact fps it show like its not using correct the sensor its black on the right.
Iam running Danne version crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2019Dec05.EOSM202.zip
I running this setup with Viltrox EF-M speedbooster with Sigma art 18-35 F1.8 that gives me F 1.2 doenst give you vignette.

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3805 on: Today at 09:00:16 AM »
Your images are too big. Lower resolution to around 700-900 pixels
EDIT: lowered, thanks

Where´s the black? Could you upload a sample. Will take a look later.

LeandroFreitas

• New to the forum
« Reply #3806 on: Today at 06:55:04 PM »
Your images are too big. Lower resolution to around 700-900 pixels
EDIT: lowered, thanks

Where´s the black? Could you upload a sample. Will take a look later.

Danne

• Contributor
« Reply #3807 on: Today at 07:07:32 PM »
Sample mlv file.