Author Topic: Canon EOS M  (Read 718953 times)

2blackbar

Re: Canon EOS M
« Reply #2625 on: Yesterday at 02:33:34 AM »
Thats up to You , if You prefere RAW file with upscaled width , perceived resolution for me is pretty high , much higher than recording in 1080p modes but i didnt compare it with actual 4k frame.
You also have 4038x2558 in 5x5crop mode if you want highest res no matter if cropped.
I could not get them to work for me tho, highest i could do was 2.5k in 5x5 mode, 3k and 4k have broken preview and they wont record actual image from lens.
Also You need fast card for this, with 45mb writing speed i can barely make anamorphic 5k work for about 10 seconds, i will buy new cards tho cause its totally worth it, get fastest you can actually, who knows what future brings.

Danne

« Reply #2626 on: Yesterday at 08:28:34 AM »
It's not just some simple upscaling. Hardly fake. You can compare resolution and upscale non anamorphic to anamorphic starting point. Start by viewing the absence of aliasing in anamorphic mode.

2blackbar

« Reply #2627 on: Yesterday at 05:21:54 PM »
So width of the video in anamorphic mode is limited by hardware binning method or it could be higher in the future ? In 5x5 mode horizontal res is above 2000 pixels, would it be possible someday to have that over 2000 pixels res in mcm rewire ? With 2x2 binning would be 2607 horizontally.
I read this and anamorphic quality is next to full res
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16516.25
--
Ok i made this test of 5k anamorphic mode, one image is from fullscale JPEG photo, cropped 100% and second frame is anamorphic 5k.
Its from helios 44 58mm f4 or so, maybe on iso100 i will be able to get better sharpness but this is very impressive, i would not be able to tell the difference if i wouldnt be pixel peeping.

Here is full photo with middle part inserted from anamorphic(a bit brighter wall)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XxiJt7nWQTKfaTTFlP3AziSkWl86x7Mo
This is amazing, did anyone did some resolution charts with 5k anamorphic mode ?