Experiencing frustrating (undocumented?) bug. Need assistance!

Started by aaronsimages, April 15, 2015, 10:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronsimages

Hello Magic Lantern Community!

I have been playing around with Magic Lantern for a long time and have had oustanding results with it, so a HUGE thank you to all the devs and the devotion they put into this amazing piece of software! Really turns my 5D3 into a SUPER CAMERA!

With that said, I have occasionally been experiencing a bug that I cannot find any documentation about, and it goes a little something like this:

A regular Dual ISO image has a scanline pattern in blocks of TWO. The bug I'm experiencing is Magic Lantern occasionally capturing images with an improper scanline format of 1x2x2.....x1.

Here is an image to illustrate.

LINK TO THE "INVALID" DUAL ISO .CR2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3vtmNSWC6PVaUFDdWNuRUVOYmM/view?usp=sharing

I feel like someone much smarter than I could tweak to the CR2HDR source and include a check/update the algorithm for instances like these "invalid" Dual ISO photos. so these could be processed without issue.

It would really make my day if there is some kind soul out there that could help me with this problem so these photos don't have to be send to the digital landfill.

Currently running a nightly build from June 21st 2014 on firmware 1.2.3. I ran the early builds with Dual ISO on 1.1.3 and rarely experienced this bug. Anyway, it's off I go to downgrade  to 1.1.3 and update ML to something a little more current!  :D

Cheers!

glubber

Looks like you linked to the wrong File?!

I'n not having any troubles developing this one.
EOS 550D // Sigma 18-200 // Sigma 18-70 // Canon 10-18 STM

aaronsimages

Wow, this is great...and very bizarre! After shooting in Dual ISO for so long, batching hundreds of files, my tools apparently decided they didn't want to work anymore. Just tried CR2HDR 2.2 Beta and it converted fine, like you experienced.  Off I go to update to current builds of all these tools.

I guess I was wrong (?) about the interlacing format of Dual ISO.  The more you know....

Thanks a bunch, glubber!