I already have Firmware 1.1.1 but ML still wont install...

Started by gabemurphy909, April 01, 2015, 06:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabemurphy909

About a year ago i had ML working fine, but to be honest i cant remember what happened or why i stopped using it..

I remember trying to install it again but it wouldnt install so i kinda gave up. But here i am trying to install it again and
it still wont. I have the firmware 1.1.1 installed and ive formatted the card and then copied ML onto the root of the card
but when i try to update the firmware (as per installation instructions) it jus says "Memory card containg firmware is
required to update".

Can anyone help?? Any help is much appreciated!

Gabe.

Walter Schulz

550D/600D, I suppose.

You may access Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse Nightly Builds -> Select your flavour and read instructions.

But it may be just an non-bootable card. Run EOScard/MacBoot, make card bootable. Delete cards content (don't format) and copy nightly contents to card once more. Startup cam with card in it.

gabemurphy909

Thank you for your help, and yea i suppose i should have mentioned that my Camera is a Canon 60D, (sorry, new to this)

I wasnt sure what you meant by running and EOSCard make card bootable, but then i found this

https://vimeo.com/38964397

and i went and downloaded the EOScard software, followed the instructions, checked the two boxes, but when i pressed Save,
nothing happens.. Write successful doesn't appear... The EOScard version i have is 1.40 as apposed to the version 1.2 in the video
but i doubt this makes much difference.. I went and tried it in my camera again anyway but its still saying "Memory Card containing
Firmware is required to update". I dont suppose there is a way to revert back to an earlier firmware and then try again with 1.1.1
is there??

Still at square 1... :/

Walter Schulz

Format card in cam.
You may access Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse Nightly Builds -> Select your flavour and read instructions.

Walter Schulz

Please check card's root directory and take a snapshot showing contents.

gabemurphy909

I just tried it with another card, eventually i got the Write successful message, but when i put it into camera the red light on the camera came on and wouldnt go off and the camera was completely unresponsive, the light stayed on even when camera was powered off, i had to take the battery out to turn it off and then it came on again when i put the battery in again..

erm.. i prob could make a vid but i can tell you that nothing happens, i put the card in and go to update firmware (even tho it already has the 1.1.1) but it jus says "Memory card containg firmware is required to update"

Walter Schulz

Sorry, but where, when and by whom did you get a "Write successful message"?

gabemurphy909

from the EOScard software! I wasnt getting it when i tried it on the first card but eventually got it on the 2nd card i tried!

Walter Schulz

Format card in cardreader.
Format card in cam.
Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse Nightly Builds -> Select your flavour and read instructions.

No word of EOScard. Show card's root content after following instructions.