5d mk2 + VAF, Nashville test

Started by thlbeal, March 17, 2015, 02:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thlbeal

Finally got my hands on a VAF-5d2b and had to go play around with it.  Very happy with the results, even though I'm still trying to wrap my head around the workflow.

poromaa

Mehmet Kozal

Nice job thlbeal. Really nice shots and lovely tune. I think it could handle some noise reduction though but really a personal preference.
And congrats on your new VAF. It definitely worth the comfort of being able to film in raw without using 3x crop or etc.

I always want to film city people but everytime when I try there are always that few drunk people doing scary stuff :)

Nice video, keep'em coming.
Canon 650D user. Also, Bilal Fakhouri is a hero.

thlbeal

Mehmet, you are right about the noise.  I didn't really notice it until I watched it on a different monitor.  I fixed a couple shots (mainly the first two) and re-uploaded. 

And yeah, when I first installed ML on my 5d I only shot 3x crop, after realizing just how much the 1x shooting was plagued by aliasing.  I was amazed by the picture but it was hard to work with since most of my lenses are telephoto.  Having the VAF is such a relief because now I can shoot like normal but I can also shoot 3x if I want (I just have to remember to take off the VAF).

I can understand about filming in a downtown area.  I think it's pretty fun though.  People are so interested when they see people with cameras.  Luckily, I filmed kind of early in the night so I didn't have to deal with too many drunks, although I did have a couple people run around in front of the camera.  It adds to the experience in my mind!  :D

Mehmet Kozal

Quotealthough I did have a couple people run around in front of the camera.  It adds to the experience in my mind!  :D

I agree. Cameras are like magnets, attracts many different kind of people. Most of the time you have great conversations and great moments with them. Sometimes the opposite :)
Maybe when I get my second camera I will be more brave :)

Well done again.
Canon 650D user. Also, Bilal Fakhouri is a hero.