Author Topic: Canon 700D / T5i  (Read 724097 times)

iurik

• New to the forum
Re: Canon 700D / T5i
« Reply #1200 on: July 01, 2019, 08:08:19 PM »
Give details about your settings:
Bracket type, Frames, EV increment, Sequence and (essential) photo mode used (M, I hope) and your Tv setting.
Best to take a screenshot like this:

Most likely your sequence hits cameras lowest exposure timing. Indicated by suffix E in Frames.

This is my settings:

I have to shoot in Aperture Mode as this is my company request.
Problem is that the lowest EV I can go with ML is -5.
With camera settings, I can reach -7 but my camera supports only 3 frames :(

Walter Schulz

• Contributor
Re: Canon 700D / T5i
« Reply #1201 on: July 01, 2019, 09:03:58 PM »
I have to shoot in Aperture Mode as this is my company request.

I need a little bit of enlightment here:
Aperture Mode uses fixed aperture number and I suppose you want Advanced Bracket to increase/decrease exposure by altering shutter duration. Right?
M mode with Advanced Bracket and Bracket type "Exposure (Tv,Ae)" does just that.

So what's your (or the company's) point?
There is a reason for bottom line showing "This feature works best in Manual (M) mode" in not-so-subtle yellow font ...

EDIT: If there is a PHB problem involved you may want to use EXIFtool to manipulate pics EXIF data from "M" to "Av" in post.
Photogs and videographers: Assist in proof reading upcoming in-camera help!. Your input is wanted and needed!

scrax

• Contributor
  • Code monkey
Re: Canon 700D / T5i canon 3rd party flashes limitation in Live View mode
« Reply #1202 on: July 05, 2019, 05:33:12 AM »
I know this is an old post and I was wondering if anyone figured out a way to do this? It looks like ML for some older cameras has a feature to allow for this, but I looked in the “Flash Tweaks” menu on my t5i and there is no option for this
Could be that that feat isn't enabled because not working, basically it's a workaround that change mode to not LV when taking the pic and then reverts back to LV. IIRC also on 6d it's not present.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-