video keeps recording without sound

Started by epicSwag, October 13, 2012, 04:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epicSwag

Hey guys, im very new to ML and i have a 5dII that i have been trying to practice video with.  When i record, it says that the sound is disabled.  what am i doing wrong?

a1ex

Should be obvious that you should enable it... no?!

epicSwag

i have agc off and analog gain to 32 db.  When i did the first video i was able to hear the sound.  Any videos after that, it says the sound is disabled.

i tried it with agc on and it does the same thing

a1ex

There's red help text that tells you what to do - I've just noticed in a tutorial that some people don't see it even if it's red...

epicSwag

i figured it out. 

i turned the fps override off and its working now.  Im still not sure what a bunch of these things do but im learning and loving magic lantern!

i have all the tutorial sites bookmarked for later view

ilguercio

The user manual is here for that. Learning what each function will do without asking the same question several times on the forum and ruining an important shooting because you didn't know there was no audio. You know, these things happen.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

mvesseur

Just to confirm that this issue apparently persists. I installed the latest nightly build today, but if I turn on FPS override, sound is disabled on my T2i.  Thanks to original poster to post the solution.