Covert MLV to Mov for Mac

Started by ccbeauty, February 20, 2015, 07:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccbeauty

Can someone please help me; I want to convert MLV to Mov. I am currently using MlRawViewer, but it takes too long to convert. Does anyone know of a faster converter? Please keep in mind I am using a MAC 10.10 version. Please do not send me anything, any links, for windows. I would greatly appreciate the help.

PaulHarwood856

Hello ccbeauty. My name is Paul Harwood. I use MLRawViewer as well, and only know of exporting to ProRes. What you can do is use this program to convert to DNGs, and bring into Adobe Bridge (Creative Cloud is an option). Choose your Adobe Camera Raw settings, and select synchronize. All the settings should apply to all the DNGs, then choose to export as Tiff files. Then when all the pictures are updated, you can import into Adobe Premiere Pro, and choose image sequence. This will make the files turn into a video clip. From there you can color grade, add LUTS,  or add whichever effects, and then export as an mov through Premiere Pro or Media Encoder. Remember ProRes is an mov, and the point of ProRes is to not lose quality, otherwise known as a lossless codec. You can also try GoPro Studio Production Premium as a 15 day trial, and go through a workflow process there. Other editing applications include Davinci Resolve Lite (free, basically the same as the full version) and Adobe After Effects. There are all kinds of workflow options, and Youtube is a great source for this. I would look there for exact details on how to do workflows correctly. Exporting as ProRes is okay, but having the flexibility to edit the raw images is a major plus of raw recording. I hope this helps in some way, and sorry that there's not a quick solution I know of. So far, MLRaw Viewer is the fastest solution I've find for just exporting video clips, and is super helpful for being able to view them with recorded sound before deciding to edit. You could also try RawTherapee, a free application. There's also Magic Raw Lite, also free, and 5DtoRGB Lite to help with H.264 mov files and better color grading options. Please let me know if I can be of any other help. Hope all is well!

DeafEyeJedi

Remember RAWMagic is currently not supported on ML: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13335.0

Consider using one of the other converters instead here:
MLRawViewer (supports direct conversion to ProRes)
MLVFS
cr2hdr-r

Yes, they are all for MAC.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109