Author Topic: [UNMAINTAINED] Canon 40D  (Read 281485 times)

kyrobb

Re: [UNMAINTAINED] Canon 40D
« Reply #400 on: December 25, 2017, 04:26:52 AM »
Awesome! Thank you Walter!

AOK

• New to the forum
« Reply #401 on: December 30, 2017, 09:47:24 AM »
Good news - 40D boots the GUI in QEMU, just like most other EOS models!
Also compiled ML from the rufustfirefly repository and got a half-working Space Invaders clone (menu appears when pressing delete, navigation keys are working, fonts don't seem to work):
Happy hacking!

Lovely! MORRAL KOMBAT is next! :)))

Joke aside! This is a great news! After all these years it would be lovely to have a working 40D with advanced functions available. Even though my 40 D got so broken to the point its repair cost is the same as buying a second hand 40D. But I’ve got a friend who’s hobby is photography and he got the same body.

I hope for the best! :)

Konrad

• New to the forum
« Reply #402 on: January 01, 2018, 11:16:16 AM »

The last screen looks a bit odd - how does it look on a real camera?

Thanks a1ex!

Here's photo of my 40d's info screen:

Theta Sigma

• New to the forum
  • It's about time
« Reply #403 on: January 02, 2018, 12:07:39 PM »
Beautiful. You are wonderful people. :)

R

• New to the forum
« Reply #404 on: January 03, 2018, 09:53:31 PM »

The last screen looks a bit odd - how does it look on a real camera?

Here's mine.

ilex

• New to the forum
« Reply #405 on: February 15, 2018, 09:48:54 PM »
a year ago my 50D eos where I had installed ML crashed and since then I'm using the old 40D, although I miss not being able to enjoy ML. Is there anyone who's managed to get ML running on the 40D? Thank you in advance

a1ex

• Administrator
  • 5D Mark Free
« Reply #406 on: February 15, 2018, 09:56:35 PM »
The closest thing I could find is reply #379 - that provides some good hints on how to get started, and a changeset ID that is known to work, to some extent.

Next stops:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=991
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/qemu/contrib/qemu/README.rst

ilex

• New to the forum
« Reply #407 on: February 16, 2018, 02:26:59 PM »
Thank you A1ex for your information and time. Unfortunately, my knowledge does not allow me to perform the tasks recommended in the posts. I will have to wait until some member can upload an operational version for the 40D  :'(. Greetings

Theta Sigma

• New to the forum
  • It's about time
« Reply #408 on: May 02, 2018, 08:32:21 PM »
I started to think this might happen before the 80D was cracked, but it looks that's a bit more lively at the moment.

Are the issues wholly different, or is the primary roadblock common to both efforts?

a1ex

• Administrator
  • 5D Mark Free
« Reply #409 on: May 02, 2018, 08:55:04 PM »
This one is quite straightforward (anyone can follow a tutorial, sit down and debug ML). I've already provided and documented the tools for that.

The only roadblock is finding a 40D owner interested in porting ML on this camera (maybe you?), rather than waiting for someone else.

Don't expect a new port from me; these old models are very low on my priority list. I'm just making sure others have the tools they need to port ML, that's all.

Theta Sigma

• New to the forum
  • It's about time
« Reply #410 on: May 05, 2018, 09:31:25 PM »
This one is quite straightforward (anyone can follow a tutorial, sit down and debug ML). I've already provided and documented the tools for that.

The only roadblock is finding a 40D owner interested in porting ML on this camera (maybe you?), rather than waiting for someone else.

Don't expect a new port from me; these old models are very low on my priority list. I'm just making sure others have the tools they need to port ML, that's all.

If you want to PM me the steps and risks involved, I might be able to help in that regard.