Keep recording after Rack Focus Completes?

Started by benlen, February 13, 2015, 08:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benlen

Hey folks,

It's been a long time since I used Magic Lantern, but I'm trying  to figure this out––I've managed to make rack focus work on my 5D Mark II (and it is super cool) but the problem is that, immediately upon completing the rack focus, ML stops the recording––not super helpful if you're doing a long tracking shot on a slider and want to have ML handle rack focus.

I did a search on the forum and found this question asked a couple times, but no answer. Can Magic Lantern keep recording after completing a rack focus, or is that impossible?

DavidP

I'm bumping this post because I'm having the same problem. Many people have posted but no replies?  :-\ Is it an impossible feature?

DavidP

Well I figured it out! The menu instructions are wrong, you have to press record and then press ok to focus rack. Then it doesnt stop recording. Woo hoo!

kgv5

When rack focus is active (rack focus text on the screen) rec start/stop button doesnt work (i would like to record raw) - when i press ot it just goes back to focus menu.

Is it possible to start raw recording and then make multiple rack focus cycles during one recording?

EDiT: it works, after start recording press trashbin and switch to focus menu with the joystick (5d3). Than press rack focus and set button. You have to have rack focus distance prepared earlier.

www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D