Suggestion for Anamorphic shooting

Started by Danson Delta-40, February 07, 2015, 04:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danson Delta-40

Hi there. I don't post all that often, but I think this would actually be a good idea. Lord help me if this has already been asked. Searched, found nothing.

So, for the anamorphic 2x display (only one I use) I have a hard time focusing, and the magic zoom focus is, no offense, really bad at focus assists.

What I end up doing half the time is being in the ML overlay, with the anamorphic compensation, crop marks, and what not, then having to scrub through the info button, going to 10x magnification to focus properly, then scrubbing through again, so i can have the crop marks and compensation, to frame my shot, and then start shooting.

To me this is very tedious, and sometimes waiting for the camera to actually start RAW recording really ends up irritating me.

Before you admins tell me I should code this, I have 0 coding experience. I suck at coding.

My request is something like this: I can have my overlays and everything set up, but if I half click the shutter button, all overlays are removed while it is depressed (including disabling the anamorphic compensation), and immediately goes to 10x zoom for focusing. then i release, and everything is back to my custom overlay preference.. This would aid GREATLY as I dont have anywhere NEAR the money for one of those overpriced monitors that can do the 2x squeeze itself.

I hope someone here on the forums could do this. Cuz that would be amazing-sauce.
GOING POSTAL SINCE 1995 BABY

Audionut

Look in the menu for "LiveView zoom tweaks".  If you can't find it, update to the latest nightly build for your camera.