I'm sure this is a common question - Dual Iso Raw Video - Still a thing?

Started by jpegmasterjesse, January 28, 2015, 07:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpegmasterjesse

I seem to remember a module for Dual Iso Raw Rec. Was it MLV or the original RAW? Am I just doing something wrong? I have the January 24th nightly build for my 5dii and I haven't been able to figure out raw dualiso video.

Walter Schulz

Did you load Dual-ISO module, too and have you enabled/configured Dual-ISO option?

jpegmasterjesse

Yup. I've been using Dual-Iso for photos for over a year now and I love it. However I'll be damned if I can get an set of dual-iso interlaced DNG's from MLV or RAW modules.

DeafEyeJedi

I still occasionally do use Dual-ISO RAW/MLV recording, especially in 2.5k (crop mode) which works really well and almost no aliasing (5D3).

The only downside is the post workflow. Sometimes it can be horrendous if you have 100gb of Dual-ISO MLV/RAW files that needs to be converted.

If you're on a Mac, I find @danne's cr2hdr-r a great app that can convert literally ANYTHING including HDR Video, Dual-ISO RAW/MLV's as well as CR2's for you.

Have a sip of coffee while it does the work for you overnight! There are also other apps as well... Such as @dmilligan's MLVFS, @kitcheof's plugin for LR5 and few others!

I can't speak for windows...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

walter_schulz

Quote from: jpegmasterjesse on January 28, 2015, 08:22:44 AM
Yup. I've been using Dual-Iso for photos for over a year now and I love it. However I'll be damned if I can get an set of dual-iso interlaced DNG's from MLV or RAW modules.

I suppose you use M mode. Do you have this problem in non-crop and crop mode both?

jpegmasterjesse

Quote from: walter_schulz on January 28, 2015, 10:00:06 AM
I suppose you use M mode. Do you have this problem in non-crop and crop mode both?

Yeah, I am in Manual. And yeah, I can see why crop mode would complicate things but I haven't been able to get anything interlaced in any setting - except occasionally on accident when I was first shooting raw.

Should I be locking FPS with FPS override or something? Is there a step in shooting raw dualiso that can kill it? Expo-override or something?