Changing whitebalance during shooting

Started by Clem, January 24, 2015, 11:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clem

hey,
would be nice to have a feature where you can change the whitebalance during shooting.
also a start and endpoint in combination with the gradual exposure, could be helpful by changing in and outside during shooting.
is it possible?
best regards clem

g3gg0

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Clem

DeafEyeJedi

and what kind of camera are you referring to?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

chmee

it would only make sense with mov/h.264 - i dont know if its possible. with mlv/raw it makes no sense, because the wb-changement could be solved easily with resolve or speedgrade.

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

Clem

yes it's true for using h264 on a 5D3 with ml 123.

c2s07

Currently this can be done by opening the ML menu, and going to white balance advanced settings. It's not really convenient though, it could use some kind of shortcut key combo. The partially opaque ML menu stays in front as well, making it harder to judge the correct WB.

DeafEyeJedi

or you guys can go to 'Prefs' within ML menu and scroll down to 'Arrow/SET shortcuts' and make sure you have the 'ISO/Kelvin' enabled.

Then while shooting videos you can change WB (kelvins) after pressing 'Color Profiles' button on the Canon Body to be able to see your 'Arrow/SET shortcuts' which works well for most situations.

This can also be done with what @c2s07 mentioned earlier as well.

If unsure how to do what I just describe... feel free to check out this link where I have photos for you to see what I mean.

JM2C!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109