Hard to activate modules on 550d

Started by jjokeris, January 21, 2015, 06:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjokeris

I always have problem to activate the modules.I download the latest nightly,I overwrite the files with the new ones but when I chose a module and restart the camera is not activated.I always have this problem with all nightlies. After many times trying it finally works but I have never figure out how this is done as I always do the same: format sd, install v.2.3, make it bootable and finally replace the files with the nightly's.
Thanks

Walter Schulz

Installing "classic" v2.3 should make the card bootable.
After that delete ML directory and AUTOEXEC.BIN and copy extracted nightly contents to card.
Startup cam, select modules, turn cam off and let the cam shutdown properly before restarting.
If you are hasty selected modules won't start at all.

jjokeris

All these are what I do every time.Still not any luck.I did it a gain right now with a new sd card.Still nothing.

Walter Schulz

jjokeris

On the card there is a subfolder named "Doc" but it is empty

Walter Schulz

That's correct!

You already tried to start with dial on M, I suppose?

Walter Schulz

Try
Debug tab -> Modules debug -> Load modules after crash = ON

jjokeris

Walter Schulz

Out of options, here. Needs dev level to debug this, I'm afraid.

jjokeris

Thanks for your help.I managed to make it work.What I found up now is that the card must be formatted using PC and not the in camera format tool.So for installing a new nightly I will always have to format the card using my pc and follow all the procedure from the start.

Walter Schulz

My wrong. My brain simply doesn't get the 550D/600D procedures right.

jjokeris

Since I made 2 sd to work,(I have 3 of them) I tried to update my first card which was working with an old nightly...it worked! This is crazy because I had 2 sd cards with the same old version.One worked with the latest nightly and the other didn't! I rest my case,I do not know what is going on.