Pink dng's Using RAW HELP PLEASE!

Started by Gazchurchend, January 18, 2015, 04:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazchurchend

Hi

I know this is a common problem that has been discussed several times before and I have read everyone I have found! Still I cannot seem to get rid of the pink cast on the dng's
The camera is a 5DMKII using the latest nightly build and a 1000x Sandisk extreme Pro card. Right the camera records old and new RAW footage without issue. When played back on the camera the footage is fine. I bought the full version of RawMagic to convert MLV files but always turn out pink. I have tried V1 RAW and converted with raw2dng and still get pink dng's. However the .MOV file that raw2dng creates plays fine without pink cast!
I have toggled just about everything to see if it fixes it but to no avail. I really don't want to start using mlv_dump and haven't even tried it because it seems a lot of hassle to fix a problem. It is said to be a problem with black level so has anyone found whether its just picking the right settings in camera to get proper dng's
Sorry for yet another post on pink dng's but find it hard to believe this issue hasn't been resolved yet.... but there again I'm not a software engineer!
Any help other than using mlv_dump would be most welcome..
Thanks in advance..

DeafEyeJedi

RAWMagic is not supported in ML.

Try using @dmilligan's MLVFS.

or @Baldand's MLVRawViewer

or @Danne's cr2hdr-r

Are you on Mac or PC?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

dmilligan

Actually, this was fixed a long time ago, but the solution never got the testing coverage requested by the developers, to verify the solution was correct, so it still hasn't been merged into the main branch.

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/484/black-level-fix

MLVFS will not fix the black level if it's wrong (and I don't really plan on adding it, the real solution is for the above PR to be properly tested and merged). There are really only two ways to fix it, mlv_dump or exiftool.

Gazchurchend

My system is MAC.
I tried using exiftool  last night and following the instructions it wouldn't convert the dng's from Rawmagic but would convert the v1 RAW dng's created with raw2dng however they didn't appear any different after running exiftool. I did only try the one value though which was 2048..

Any suggestions, greatly appreciated. I was hoping to shoot raw on an up coming film where the RED one camera was too large and cumbersome to use!

Danne

Upload an original dng file for testing.

Audionut

Run the DNGs from rawmagic through Adobe DNG convertor and then try again.

Gazchurchend

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31654715/Photos/M17-1937_C0000_00305.dng
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31654715/Photos/000253.dng

Here are links to two DNG's in dropbox. One created with RAWMagic and one with raw2dng

I will give the Adobe converter a go in the mean time.

Thanks for the help guys!

Gaz

Danne

Don,t seem to be any problem with the file. This is the result after using white balance picker in acr.

black level is 1792

Gazchurchend

OK... this is a little odd! After seeing your picture of my raw file looking as it should I just shot some quick footage (MLV) and converted it, loaded into Davinci and it looks absolutely fine! The last time I loaded into Davinci they were pink!
I am not sure what has changed since the first time unfortunately but I will do some more tests and see what happens!

Really appreciate everyones help and now wish I could help by saying whats changed..

I will report back here if I notice anything that alters the picture further..

Gaz