QT Pro 7 or Compressor 4 for 16-bit .MOV Image Sequence? (Lightroom TIFFs)

Started by coryaycock, December 07, 2014, 02:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coryaycock

Hi,

I've been exporting TIFFs from Lightroom, dragging the folder into the FCPX timeline, chainging duration and creating a compound clip, but there is a LOT of lagtime.  Is there a way to just create a 16-bit .MOV with QT Pro 7 or Compressor 4 to edit with?  I'm getting pretty desperate here.   A little help would be great.

iRedM

Here's my workflow; I use MLVBrowseSharp to convert MLV to DNG, I used Lightroom 5 to process the images then export them as Tiff, I then Quicktime Pro 7 to import the image sequence and export it as any of the Apple Pro Res formats, from here I use my good old Final Cut Pro 7 to cut the video and send it to Apple Color for grading, after rendering in Color I send the graded file back to Final Cut Pro 7 and export it. I hope this helps.
Film, Music, Faith, Life, Design and Gaming; I do.

coryaycock

It does.  Thanks!  I'm getting pretty good results using Compressor 4 for the image sequence (Pro Res 4444), but good to know QT Pro 7 works as well.

reddeercity

@ iREDM that seems to be a lot of work , if you have "tiff sequence" Why not import that in to FCP7 as you can (Its Support but not in FCPX). No need to limited your self to ProRes4444.
Besides that QT Pro7 dose a bad gamma shift .
@coryaycock Apple Motion 5 & Compressor 4 supports Cdng's you can make you prores 4444 file there, Or better yet make ProRes 4444XQ which is far superior.

iRedM

Hey guys; thanks for the advices. I just discovered actually that for anyone on a tight budget, Blender (www.blender.org) is yet another alternative for converting image sequences and more; let alone that it is totally free as well.
Film, Music, Faith, Life, Design and Gaming; I do.