[WONTFIX] Record a mono mic to both (L+R) tracks but at different gains/volumes?

Started by aldolega, July 16, 2012, 01:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aldolega

Would this be possible? Basically a ML implementation of the "Camera Overload Protection" that the new JuicedLink RM333 & RA333 have- one channel/track is recorded at a lower level, so if your normal channel blows out/overloads, you can switch to the lower channel in post. Here's a link to the JuicedLink product page:

http://www.juicedlink.com/audio-preamps-mixers-etc-c-66/rm333-riggy-micro

The only problem I can see is that I believe the plugs on my mono mics (Rode VMP and AT lav) are actually wired so they output on both channels (left and right), so I'd have to figure out a cable/adapter to make them output on only one channel. Or could that be done in ML?

a1ex

Not possible in ML, the analog gain is applied to both channels.

dolbyno

Hello,

In the past, I dont remember exactly wchich version of ML it was, maybe alpha..., but there was possible to adjust audio gain separately on the mono mic plugged in to the 550D. I hope that it will be annouced in the next vesrion of ML. It can help for better sound, I hope that ML will have also some kind of software limiter. Please add those two possibilities to our small "video" cameras.

Miro.

Quote from: aldolega on July 16, 2012, 01:27:13 AM
Would this be possible? Basically a ML implementation of the "Camera Overload Protection" that the new JuicedLink RM333 & RA333 have- one channel/track is recorded at a lower level, so if your normal channel blows out/overloads, you can switch to the lower channel in post. Here's a link to the JuicedLink product page:

http://www.juicedlink.com/audio-preamps-mixers-etc-c-66/rm333-riggy-micro

The only problem I can see is that I believe the plugs on my mono mics (Rode VMP and AT lav) are actually wired so they output on both channels (left and right), so I'd have to figure out a cable/adapter to make them output on only one channel. Or could that be done in ML?