A Final Question Before I Install

Started by glenn.middleton, November 30, 2014, 10:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn.middleton

Hi...  I've read the FAQ's etc. and I think I'm right on this point, but would appreciate conformation before I do the install. 

My daughter and I share my 5DMk ii and 5D Mk iii.  She shots almost exclusively video and is very keen to install ML due to the obvious benefits.  I shoot exclusively still's and I'm happy with the Canon menus at this time. 

Am I correct in thinking that if we install ML on her CF cards, when these are inserted both cameras will automatically run in ML mode.  However, if we remove her cards and insert my CF cards, both cameras will continue to display the Canon menus as normal. 

I'm pretty sure this is the case but I would like to make sure I know what I'm getting in to before I do the install.  Thanks in advance for the advice, and it looks a great product.  I'm sure I'll end up trialling it for stills once I've got more time to get my head around it.

G

Walter Schulz

DeafEyeJedi

Worth the shot... Definitely useable for both Stills and Video when it comes to ML!

I do both Video and Stills for my work and it has never let me down.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

ItsMeLenny

That is the case, however I just want to point out that each camera requires a different version.
That is if she has mk2 ML on one her cards, she shouldn't put it into her mk3. And vice versa.

glenn.middleton

Hi - thanks for confirming my suspicions and letting me know about the need to put differenct versions on cards to suit the specific camera.  I hadn't factored that in.  We have plenty of cards, so it shouldn't be a problem.  We just need to mark the cards so we keep track of which is which.  Thanks again...  G