a few user specific questions (600d)

Started by JackyBoy, December 05, 2014, 04:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyBoy

Hey i've been using my canon 600D for over a year now but i've only just the other day updated to magic lantern and i love it so i wanted to ask a few questions specifically towards using it for my craft

I film rappers both music video's and freestyles of which i have two separate questions

Would it be okay to film music video's at a low fps? i've always used the inbuilt 24fps but now i have fps override i'm tempted to make a lot of use out of the extra light being used but which fps will be too much and which will be too little, i know it will depend on the shot etc so also an add on to this question is after effects flame blending fine say if most of the video is 24fps but some clips are 12fps, i've used 60fps before but as thats adding to the composition frame rate and not reducing i'm not sure if it will look choppy.

I film live freestyle videos eg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oX2IVsjD2Q
again normally these are 24fps i've noticed when fps override is on audio is disabled, has magic lantern released a way to get around it yet or have i got to scrap my rode videomic pro and get an external audio recorder?

i'm new to this magic lantern so i'm confused by the thought of if i reduce frame rate do i just need to turn up shutter speed so movement isn't blury anyway making it pointless reducing frame rate as i'll need to lose the light from raising the shutter speed anyway.

All help and advice is appreciated in advance, thank you