Trouble making more cards

Started by tubecamera, December 04, 2014, 10:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubecamera

Maybe I'm missing something here. Have not needed any more spare cards until now but for some reason I cannot get them to work.

I have a Canon 60D and I did the install for ML per instructions several months ago. I have two Transcend 16gb cards that work fine.

I had a folder on my PC with the ML folder and seven additional files that I'm sure I used months ago to make the two cards I now use. I have exFat to format the cards with a reader (although I have also done it in the camera). I've done that and copied the ML material to them... compared files and sizes... but they do not work. Using the same Transcend series 10 16gb as before.

I get no instant LED flash when the card is inserted, as I do with the known good cards, and the LED does not blink when powered up indicating it is reading from the cards. No ML is present after power on. Done this a half dozen times and not sure where I'm going wrong.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dmilligan

The cards have to be marked "bootable". You can either run the ML install process again (with the .fir and all) on those cards, or you can use a computer utility (eoscard or macboot)

tubecamera

Ah, OK. Don't remember doing this before but I installed eoscard and it worked.

I must have used the camera to do this originally??

At any rate, thanks very much. Sent the developer some $$. Saved time doing this way, I feel.