Howby boys, it's Moby from Dallas~ Question on warranty

Started by kensullivan, November 04, 2014, 02:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kensullivan

Hello Gents,
I'm considering ML for my Cannon EOS 7D.
I rad on another forum it is a great tool for video.
I'm in the IT industry and have been tasked with shooting video's for Youtube etc for my company.

I owned a studio in a former life back when we used film.  I love my Cannon 7D but am a little concerned over the below statement from the down load page.

So the question is how many folks have issues that are not correctable with this software?  On the "duplicate question" Q&A page I see many issues.  Should I be overly concerned?

Download Magic Lantern
Warning!
Magic Lantern is not approved nor endorsed by Canon in any way, and using it will probably void your warranty.
We are not responsible for any damages to your camera.

Kharak

Welcome to Magic Lantern.

99% of the cases where something is wrong, the reason behind it will usually be user error. The 1% will be hardware error or other complications.

I don't own a 7D, but have MK II and MK III and ML has more or less worked flawlessly so far on both.

The disclaimer is only to inform people that it may brick your camera and that Magic Lantern does not take any responsibility, even though I must say that the developers here show a lot of responsibility when a camera has been reported to be bricked, as you can see that they do a lot of work to unbrick these faulted cameras or to find the cause of such failure.

To answer your question on how many people have issues with this software, incredibly few.

You decide if its worth the risk and work. The quality is indredible, the post work can be overwhelming for some, the learning curve is steep.. But to me its totally worth it.

once you go raw you never go back