Looong term time lapse 8 months

Started by hectorfdz, November 04, 2014, 08:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hectorfdz

Hi to all,

I'm an intermediate time lapse fanatic were in the past I was used always computer controller cameras like canon powershot... most of the time I use breeze system remote control for take the pics.
then when I start to use magic lantern was fantastic for me and at this moment it is very stable (i'm using canon 550D).

so i probably will start a new project were I will use 2 different cameras for make time lapse for 8 months, so I wish some tips for stability in this, the question is:
I should use magic lantern or breezesys DSLR remote pro app for continuous 1min per picture 8 month project?

I know that the cameras have an ETA lifetime of 100K shots, but the project pays the 4 cameras (or more, and at least two extra in case of fail) for the excessive stress and also the maintenance/replacement of the shutter assembly each 80k shots; so the spend in cameras is not the issue.

the stability is the question... I believe that magin lantern could be more stable taking a picture each minute rather than a computer in a program that by usb cable is executing the shutter command BUT the great advantage is that I could make some software script to maintain pingin to a server (me) the last date-time picture taken, so in case of dissaster I could solve this fast.
in case of magin lantern, I can't figure how I could have some comunication with a computer for make it "pinging" or any kind of signal that I could use for comunicating me remotly.

what method I must choice?

thanks