High Quality ML Cropmarks v1.2

Started by ChadMuffin, October 18, 2014, 09:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madcatleo

AlexCanonD50

jrabal

Thank You Chad. I am sure they're very useful for our composition photograhic work.

Greetings from Spain

Jose Rabal

ibrahim

Nice. I'll try these on my 5d3 and 600d. It helps a lot for docs and interview work.
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

maxfaction

Hey ChadMuffin, I'll try these on my 60D :)

maxfaction

@ChatMuffin The cropmarks work great on my 60D!

xorpi

Please bring diagonal cropmark for  more dynamic compositions :)
Think Dynamic! #HDR #BW 📸

Photography & FineArt by photofrano 🎨   
www.fb.com/PHOTOFRANO & www.500px.com/PHOTOFRANO

anandkamal

Thank you so much buddy. Crop marks like ro3, rot, golden spiral and triangle all composed together as one bmp would also be great. Thanks again.

bnkruis

Hey guys. I used a previous cropmark made earlier in this thread to create my own. This is a Rule of Thirds cropmark for 2.35 cinematic widescreen. I made this for my Canon 60d but will work for other Canon DSLR's. I kept solid black bars on top and bottom along with the red line to accentuate the cropmarks. I also made the rule of thirds thicker and solid white for when shooting in dark environments. Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Aq6wjeS5zJcmI5REwyMkVuVzg/view?usp=sharing.

Hope this helps!

Here's to beautiful art,
Ben

stevedraw

@ Chad

Thanks very much! The grids look great on my 700D. Great work!

limey

Any interest in a square crop mark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevedraw

@ Ben

Nice work, looks great! Will test on my 600/700D later and let you know how it looks.

Ye lads are class!

RT--

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I actually thought I had an account here, but when I tried to reply, I realised I didn't.
Anyway, here's a set of four RLE compressed cropmarks. Aspect ratios; 1:1, 3:2, 5:4, 16:9. All have thin red lines in the rule of thirds configuration with center crosshairs, and solid black bars where needed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_vELCOIXWaQXA5eWdoT3RSOGM/view?usp=drivesdk&resourcekey=0-9zqy1l6e6HjOY4nLrongYw

I made these for my specific needs but can make more upon request.

mr.smith

I want to use these great cropmarks.
But I cannot use these cropmarks properly in my camera, 5d3(1.2.3).
I have no idea why default cropmark appears?
I switched to new cropmark and it overlayed on the default.
The default cropmark is always appear.
Why?
I want to change the default to new one.

If anybody knows how to solve this problem, please let me know.
I am suffering from this trouble for a month.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjdbd8swljados6/5935025617890.jpg?dl=0

*The default cropmark does not exist in ML folder. But it appears.

dmilligan

That might be the Canon grid. Turn it off in the Canon menu.

mr.smith

thank you very much for your reply.

solved the problem! :)

ibrahim

Hi,

I want to record in 2.20:1 1920 pixels (). Is there any cropmark for 2.20:1 for download?

Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

robinhood

Same here-- I am looking for a 2.20:1

Basically, I am in search of one clean and another with the rule of thirds gridlines for both 2.55 and 2.20 . Also, the design doesn't need to have a label atop the black bars displaying which ratio it is for either the 2.55 or 2.20 stating (sort of distracting)
If anyone is able to make a quick edit on any of their existing crop marks into these two ratios, and post them here it would be a huge help

robinhood

Okay with the ML instruction page and a free trial of PS, this is very easy to accomplish

Just generated aspect ratios for the 720x480 demensions via this website https://www.shift-e.net/tools/#!/matte-generator  and then matched the thickness of the black letterboxing accordingly to each of the desired ratios.
Below are:
2.00 Stararovision/Univision
2.20 uncropped Super Panavision 70 large format
2.55 original 1950's Technicolor Anamorphic Cinemascope
2.76 uncropped Ultra Panavision 70 large format

Unfortunately I am unable to figure out how to create transparent gridlines for the rule of thirds to overlay onto these crop marks at the moment-- anybody know of how to do it please say so or link some directions from a video tutorial or how-to webpage

Your welcome. Enjoy!