recover dngs after disk formatting

Started by shamota, September 28, 2014, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shamota

hello. my hard disk(hfs+) contained dng sequences was accidentally formatted by a kid that connected it to pc that didn't recognise it and made it ntfs. now i try to recover files using different software, some of it, for example data rescue succeeds seeing hierarchy of my previous partition, but all the recovered dng files cannot be opened, theirs weight is normal, but finder says their resolution is 0x0. unfortunately no original mlv/raw remained. does anyone know the way to recover my files? there are shots i made overseas risking from police, quiet important!

thanks!

chris_overseas

Try PhotoRec (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec). It scans the raw data looking for image file headers and footers regardless of the filesystem, so it should at least be able to recover DNG files that are still fully intact (and not fragmented). It doesn't support MLV files though the tool is Open Source so MLV and perhaps RAW could be added if someone with the right knowledge wrote the code for it to do so. Best of luck...
EOS R5 1.1.0 | Canon 16-35mm f4.0L | Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L II | Canon 800mm f5.6L | Canon 100mm f2.8L macro | Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art | Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II