recording raw more than one minute with 5D3

Started by T.rex, September 24, 2014, 05:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.rex

Hello from Paris France,

First post.

Every time I start recording raw with my 5D3, the shutter closes after approx. one minute. Is it normal, or is it due to the current limitations? I'd love to be able to shoot at least 4-5 min.

I also want to add that I use Lexar 1066x 64GB cards.

Many thanks

nikfreak

which resolution is set? Do you get skipped frames? Please run a benchmark test (not in photo mode)  for your card in debug menu and post results so we can see your write speeds. If you are using an additional sdcard in sd slot plz remove and retest.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

dmilligan

all he needs to do is read the help text at the bottom of the screen (when the raw video menu item is selected) and follow it

Markus

Check your settings. Make sure your card is Xfat and enable Xfat larger files than 4 gig. If you have the >4 gig setting on and a cf card formatted in fat32 that might be the problem.
I've recorded raw and mlv files up to 47min on 1200x and 1066x 256gb KB cards. I haven't used lexar 1066x but they should be about the same speed so you should be able to record continously on that card.

dmilligan

Quote from: T.rex on September 24, 2014, 05:36:50 PMthe shutter closes after approx. one minute
Quote"Auto power off" is enabled in Canon menu. Video may stop.