First time user, where to begin ? Any first time guides a manual ?

Started by sbossick, September 07, 2014, 11:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbossick

Hello All.

I've been reading about ML for some time now, but have yet to try an install on my 5D Mark iii.  Is there a beginning guide for this ?  A book ?  A video ?  I know there are install video's available, however I'd like to know if there's a manual or something available that can not only guide me through the install process, but can tell me about what the menu's do & offer.  Basically a manual.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

dmilligan

How do people manage to go through the trouble of setting up an account on this forum and making a post, without first being able to find basic information such as the three big links at the top right of the page, or just clicking on "General Help Q&A" and then the sticky thread that Walter linked? Come on people.

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: dmilligan on September 08, 2014, 04:24:35 AM
How do people manage to go through the trouble of setting up an account on this forum and making a post, without first being able to find basic information such as the three big links at the top right of the page, or just clicking on "General Help Q&A" and then the sticky thread that Walter linked? Come on people.

The use the "skip reading any posts, create an account, create a post with a question that is consistently asked despite the mass amount of information around" short-cut button.
They should really remove that short-cut button.

Audionut

I've previously proposed a 3 day wait after account creation before being able to post.  With a nice welcome message containing the FAQ etc.

Or maybe it was a 3 week wait :P

lintoni

Quote from: Audionut on September 08, 2014, 05:55:06 AM
I've previously proposed a 3 day wait after account creation before being able to post.  With a nice welcome message containing the FAQ etc.

Or maybe it was a 3 week wait :P
As a noob who has spent a fair bit of time looking through the forum and reading, I have to say that I would have welcomed such a message (containing FAQ, etc.)... I think I now know where most of the pertinent info for my uses are!  ;D