550d & modules

Started by jjokeris, September 04, 2014, 08:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjokeris

I have never tested a nightly before and now after almost1,5 years of using the stable version, I decided to try one.I tried to load some modules but nothing happens! I tried to  find what I did wrong but from these I found I couldnt figure out anything (maybe searching at the wrong place!!!).My camera is a 550d.What are the modules that work on my camera?

Walter Schulz

A loaded module doesn't do anything but to add or enable some menu options which have to be configured.
Feature set for your cam: https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features

jjokeris

I know,but nothing seems to be changed in the menu...I click on them,they change to green,I restart my camera and still the same menus.

Walter Schulz

Load/unload raw_rec and take a look into the movie tab.
Load/unload file_man and take a look into the debug tab.
Load/unload autoexpo and take a look into the expo tab.

jjokeris

I recopied the autoexec and ml folder,reset the ML configuration file,I enabled all the modules but still nothing.I notieced that the green dot next to modules turns into pale green after restarting.Also,when I press "Q" on the module (with the pale green dot) it says "More info after you load this module"

Walter Schulz

Delete AUTOEXEC.BIN and ML directory. Expand nightly build files, copy AUTOEXEC.BIN and ML directory to card's root and try again.

jjokeris

It doesn t work.Maybe I ll download an older version tomorrow...

Walter Schulz

Won't hurt but I'd like to bet it wouldn't work either.

jjokeris

Well, I deleted everything from the card (even the pdfs!) and now seems to be working.Thanks for helping.

Walter Schulz

How the hell did you get PDFs on your card?

jjokeris

They were some help files in case I was away from home and needed to read them (using someone else's pc/laptop)