Author Topic: MLV App 1.11 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]  (Read 437894 times)

masc

• Contributor
Any updates on the possibility of Cinelog?
I haven't read about any update, so there probably won't be one. We are not working on that. MLVApp is open source, so feel free to integrate it for your personal use.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

clubsoda

• New to the forum
Hello :)

Is there any plan to implement more debayer options in mlv app, also options for the user to tweak and finetune directly in the interface? For example Fast CinemaDNG Processor hast the MG Debayer 23x23 BBGR as default which tends to give some of my clips way better results with some weird artifacts disappering completely. Amaze is amazing but sometimes i wish that there would be more settings or more debayer options to tweak and test with. Some raw clips could be saved by changing the debayer already in a project of mine :)

masc

• Contributor
@clubsoda: if you have the source code of other nice depayer algorithms, we could try to add them to MLVApp. A while ago I tried with many other debayer algorithms: some were extremely slow, others were not good enough to add them to the release. I can't remember about MG - so if you have open source code for it, I'll try to add it.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Skinny

• New to the forum
Hi guys... one question about sharpening.. As I understand, if I resize a video when exporting, MLVApp add sharpening before resizing? So it's better to sharpen later in premiere for example?

masc

• Contributor
Hi guys... one question about sharpening.. As I understand, if I resize a video when exporting, MLVApp add sharpening before resizing? So it's better to sharpen later in premiere for example?
Exactly.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

clubsoda

• New to the forum
@clubsoda: if you have the source code of other nice depayer algorithms, we could try to add them to MLVApp. A while ago I tried with many other debayer algorithms: some were extremely slow, others were not good enough to add them to the release. I can't remember about MG - so if you have open source code for it, I'll try to add it.

I am no expert on this field by any means therefore i am a so called noob for everything "code" but i searched the web and "MG" is used by FastVideo. On this link it is listed right at the bottom: https://www.fastcompression.com/products/debayer-moire.htm

Maybe you can contact them (on the bottom there is a link) for any further information or if the sourcecode is somehow available. I found out about it in the software Fast CinemaDNG Processor (there are also other algorithms like DFPD and HQLI) which you can buy from them.

They have also a freeware available thats called Fast Debayer on CUDA which lists these algorithms too. Here is the download page: https://www.fastcompression.com/download/download.htm

Everything looks like this works with nvidia gpus only but as i said i am a par excellence noob :)

I will search further too if i find anything useful i will report back.

masc

• Contributor
If this algorithm was developed by fastompression.com, it is a commercial product and can't be added to MLVApp. If it is open source, the code should be easy to find somewhere in the internet. CUDA will not be added to MLVApp soon - I have no NVidia card and don't plan to buy one. The application would be very limited with that, same as all CUDA only applications.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

clubsoda

• New to the forum
Ah! I understand! No probelm thanks for looking into my question :)

PS: There are also some other debayer algorithms available in raw therapee, for example DCB (looks like it trades details for better false color prevention). Was there any reason not to include them? https://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Demosaicing

Milk and Coffee

• Freshman
When exporting .MLV using "CinemaDNG fastpass:" if the .MLV was recorded with lossless compression, does "CinemaDNG Fastpass" export CinemaDNG Lossless?
Gear: Canon 5D Mark II

masc

• Contributor
When exporting .MLV using "CinemaDNG fastpass:" if the .MLV was recorded with lossless compression, does "CinemaDNG Fastpass" export CinemaDNG Lossless?
Trying out is the best you can do. Example: I tried with a 21MB MLV:
- DNG Fastpass: 21MB
- DNG Lossless: 21MB
- DNG Uncompressed: 34MB
So what could be "Fastpass", if the MLV was lossless?  8)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Milk and Coffee

• Freshman
That’s pretty cool! Thanks masc!
Gear: Canon 5D Mark II