Previous topic - Next topic

goran

Hello,

Here's a quick question. Let's say I load the following modules:

mlv_rec
mlv_play
mlv_snd
file_man

If I never play files on the camera I can disable the mlv_play from loading. However for the one time I might use it, is it ok to leave it loaded? Does loading several modules even though not in use has negative impact on performance? If I load only raw_rec for example will camera have more free memory and thus "perform faster/better"?

Thank you,
Goran

goran

Quote from: goran on August 12, 2014, 10:31:36 AM
Hello,

Here's a quick question. Let's say I load the following modules:

mlv_rec
mlv_play
mlv_snd
file_man

If I never play files on the camera I can disable the mlv_play from loading. However for the one time I might use it, is it ok to leave it loaded? Does loading several modules even though not in use has negative impact on performance? If I load only raw_rec for example will camera have more free memory and thus "perform faster/better"?

Thank you,
Goran

Anyone?

nikfreak

ofc camera will load less stuff into memory if it's not enabled. I would suggest that you try out yourself. Regarding performance I didn't notice much of a change when enabling several modules but turning off global draw for e.g. can boost performance a lil' bit - at least regarding write performance to card.

You can check out yourself in debug menu. Free ram etc. and also there's some benchmarks. So just enable whatever modules you want and then do benchmarks. I don't expect you to see much of a difference but your report will be welcome...
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]